2:23 • Noah Couser
- What is your personal definition of empathy?
- Give an example of what it means to be empathetic.
- Do you think empathy can change the world? Why or why not?
3:05 • Thai Life Channel
- What does it mean to be “selfless?”
- Share a time when you have done something to help others without thinking about what you might get in return.
- What lesson is this video trying to teach?
“Do Animals have Empathy?”
2:17 • The Verge
- How did the scientist conduct their experiment to see if animals can show empathy? What is their conclusion?
- Do you think animals can be empathetic? Have you seen any examples of this in the real world?
- What other feelings or emotions do you think animals experience?
“Social-Emotional Learning: What is SEL and Why SEL Matters”
2:54 • Committee for Children
- Why is it important to learn about yourself and others socially and emotionally?
- What are some ways to interact with others socially?
- What books have you read that have characters with an SEL disability?
Looking for More Resources?
Changing Perspectives SEL and disability awareness curriculum resources are accessible through an annual paid subscription to the Changing Perspectives Educator Portal. An individual subscription is $125 with volume discounts available. The Educator Portal is an online platform that allows users to access an array of customizable curricular resources, parent resources, educator implementation guides, and more.