Last updated: 10/1/21
Changing Perspectives, Inc. (“Changing Perspectives”, “our”, “us”, or “we”) is a U.S.-based charitable nonprofit organization. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we use the information we collect to provide you with a better experience and fulfill our mission of achieving systemic change to create more equitable, empathetic, and inclusive communities.
We encourage you to read this Policy carefully so you can understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information. Please also note that by choosing to access or use our Services, you agree to those policies and practices. If you do not agree with them, you may choose not to use our Services.
We may change this Policy periodically (see “Changes to this Policy,” below). You agree to any changes we make if you continue to access or use our website after we make them. Please be sure to check this Policy periodically for any updates.
Personal Information We Collect or Obtain
We collect information in the following ways, depending on your use of our Services:
- We collect information from you directly, such as when you create an account; communicate with us; participate in activities, events, or surveys; or otherwise provide information during your use of our Services.
- We may collect information from others, such as your school or third-party applications that you use to connect to our Services.
Examples of the information we may collect include:
- Account/subscription registration and contact information (contact name, email address, phone number, job title, and school).
- Banking information, if you pay for your subscription by sending us a check. (Payments for subscriptions via credit card are done through PayPal. We do not receive any information you provide to PayPal for that purpose.)
- Information about your browser, device, and general location.
- Information you may provide in connection with creating planners or saved resources.
- Non-personal information that may be linked to your personal information, including information about your use of our Services.
We need this information in order for you to use our Services. Without it, we will not be able to provide all curriculum resources, individual coaching, professional development training, and resources for parents through our website.
Note also that subscribers to our Services have the ability to enter student information, including name, grade level, and email address, through our portal. Any information entered is uploaded to our internal database.
Finally, you also may be asked to provide contact information and billing details to a third-party (such as Kindest) when you make a donation to Changing Perspectives. For any donations, we are able to access contact information and donation amounts.
Why We Collect, and How We Use, Personal Information
We collect or obtain the information described above for a variety of purposes:
- Providing you our Services. We use your information to operate, maintain, and provide all the features of our Services.
- Communicating with you. We use your information to communicate with you about your account and our Services (including responding to inquiries and sharing information about new features and offerings that may be of interest).
- Personalizing your experience. We use your information to personalize your experience while using our Services, including on various devices you may use to access our Services. For instance, we remember your planners so we can help you organize our content and save it to use on your next visit.
- Understanding and improving our Services. We use information to understand and analyze usage trends, learning behaviors, and preferences of users to improve the way our Services work and look and to create new or improved educational offerings.
- For legal, compliance, or safety reasons. We may use or share information to comply with applicable laws, rules, or regulations, and our Terms of Service, including protecting the safety and rights of Changing Perspectives, its users, and the general public.
We may also use de-identified or aggregated information for product development and research including for the purposes of grant reporting; analyzing, improving, or marketing our Services; and demonstrating the performance of our Services in achieving our mission.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
Changing Perspectives takes great care to protect personal information you provide us. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share personal information in the following circumstances:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers working on our behalf.
- With other users associated with your account, such as with another teacher or administrator at your school.
- For legal or compliance purposes. Compliance purposes include sharing personal information where reasonably necessary to protect the security and safety of our users or Services, when required or permitted by law (such as in response to legal process), or in the event of any transfer of our business or Services (such as through a change of control or a sale of our assets).
We also may share de-identified or aggregated information, which does not reasonably identify any individual, for the purposes outlined earlier in this Policy.
Cookies and Other Tracking
When you use our Service, we collect information from you by automatic means, including cookies. A cookie is a piece of data contained in a small text or electronic file that is stored in your browser or hard drive that allow us to recognize and remember things about how you use our Services. This may include information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on our Services as well as information about your browser and online usage patterns, such as IP address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages, pages viewed, and whether you opened an email. Additional information may be collected including information about the device(s) you use to access our Services. We use these technologies to better display our website, save you time, and provide better technical support. We may also use the information to analyze website usage and for promotional purposes.
Many internet browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that choosing to remove or reject cookies might limit your use of our Services.
Policy Regarding Children’s Privacy
Changing Perspectives does not collect personal information from children under the age of 13, although our subscribers may do so. We expect our subscribers to obtain any necessary parental consent or provide any required disclosures to parents or guardians under applicable law. If you believe we have obtained a child’s information without the appropriate consent, please contact us immediately using the information below in “How to Contact Us.”
Access, Correction, and Deletion
To learn what personal information we have about you, and to update, correct, or delete that information, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that under certain circumstances, we may not be able to honor requests to delete certain information. We maintain your personal information for only as long as your user account is activated, after which your information will be deleted. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
Changing Perspectives may, from time to time, send you emails regarding our Services or products and services we think you may enjoy. You can choose not to receive these emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email. Please note that you will not be able to unsubscribe or opt-out of certain types of messages regarding your account, such as account verification, changes, or updates to features of our Services, and technical or security notices.
Protection of Your Information
We maintain reasonable organizational and technical safeguards designed to help protect your personal information from accidental or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or loss. However, no security measures are perfect. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email or for support help. Once we receive your transmission of information, Changing Perspectives makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
In certain regions, you may have certain additional rights. This may include the right to request access or to update or review your information, request that it be deleted or anonymized, or object to or restrict Changing Perspectives from using it for certain purposes.
Changing Perspectives is located and operated on servers located within the United States. You acknowledge that Changing Perspectives stores personal information in the United States for the purpose of performing our Services and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
PO Box 694
Bradford, VT 05033
You can also contact us via our website form.