Elementary SEL Curriculum
The K-5 SEL Curriculum is a customizable toolkit with strategies and resources for nurturing the skills students need to develop the personal and social awareness that enables them to evaluate and understand differences of all kinds, make connections, and problem solve.
The curriculum is divided into two levels: grades K-2 and grades 3-5. Materials include lesson plans, book lists with discussion questions, and video links with discussion questions.
in English & Spanish
The Elementary SEL Curriculum Includes:
- 130+ SEL Core Competency-Aligned Lessons (20-40 minute duration)
- 170+ Books & Discussion Questions
- 90+ Videos & Discussion Questions
- Student Pre and Post SEL Assessments
- 30+ SEL Check-ins
- Family Resources (in English and Spanish)
- Educator Implementation Resources
All student worksheets/assessments are bilingual (english and spanish)
More Details ...
- Accessed via any browser, anywhere, anytime.
- Content is added to a Planner via an intuitive drag and drop interface.
- Days and content are easily added to and removed from the Planner.
- Planners are easily saved and retrieved.
- Unlimited planners are available.
- Planners can be emailed and/or printed and electronic versions contain links to the curriculum.
- SEL assessments easily emailed to a class.
- SEL Assessment results accessible via the portal as completed.
- Designed for educator customization.
- A precurated library of resources, with a variety of media and methods, that allow you to prepare content the way you need and that fit your teaching style.
- Changing Perspectives experts, and experts in the field of social-emotional learning, create new content which is added to the portal each summer.
- Social-emotional content is aligned with CASEL standards.
- Pre- and Post- SEL assessments for grades K-12.
- Family newsletters, aligned with each competency, are available in English and Spanish and can be distributed multiple ways (print, email, posted online).
- Template letters, in Word & Google docs, are available for you to customize and share with parents.
- Tips & tricks for in-person and virtual presentation of materials are available.
- A rich Resource Library of materials, for you and to share with others, is included and is regularly updated throughout the year.
- Individual coaching and professional development available.
Why Social-Emotional Learning for Elementary Students?
Social-emotional learning, or SEL, is an essential component of every child’s growth. Once considered a “soft” skill set, SEL is now recognized as an integral factor in academic, career, and life success. SEL positions students for overall well-being and supports them in developing the resiliency, collaborative skills, and confidence needed to engage meaningfully in our increasingly diverse communities.
The seeds of SEL are sown beginning at birth and early childhood is an important time for establishing and supporting the roots of these essential skills.
Schools that prioritize SEL see higher test scores, greater personal academic achievement, less bullying and isolation, and a stronger sense of community.
Recognizing one’s emotions, thoughts, and values. The ability to know your strengths and weaknesses and have self-confidence.
To control one’s emotions, thoughts and behaviors, manage stress and control impulses, and be self-motivated.
The ability to relate to and empathize with others including those with backgrounds different than yours. The ability to understand and operate within ethical norms.
The ability to create and maintain healthy relationships including with those from different backgrounds. To communicate with others, listen, cooperate, and stand up to negative pressure. To work though conflict productively.
The ability to make constructive and healthy choices about personal behavior and social interactions. To be aware of and responsive to potential consequences.
Ready to Find Out More?
Want to find out more about Changing Perspectives Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum? Contact us and schedule a complimentary conversation to see how we can help.