All of our programs are designed to be flexible so educators can create, structure, and implement a program that supports their schools’ goals for essential social-emotional learning.
Why Social-Emotional Learning in PreK?
Social-emotional learning, or SEL, is an essential component of every child’s education and development. SEL emphasizes self-awareness, self management, interpersonal relationships, perspective taking, and decision making, all with a goal of developing the skills needed to engage meaningfully in educational, professional, personal, and civic opportunities in our increasingly diverse communities and workplaces. The seeds of SEL are sown beginning at birth and early childhood is a critical time for establishing the roots of these essential skills.
Our PreK Empathy & Kindness curriculum is an activity-based program that gives educators tools and resources to implement activities and lessons that align with social-emotional goals for early learning.
- 50+ Lesson Plans (15-20 minute duration)
- 40+ Book Resources
- Educator Implementation Resources
- 10+ Parent Resources (e.g., newsletters and additional resources)
The PreK Kindness & Empathy Curriculum consists of five learning units offering a variety of lesson plans and a book list with relevant, age appropriate titles that help lay a foundation for essential social awareness and relationship skills:
- Understanding Empathy lessons support educators in mindfully and deliberately nurturing empathy as an essential life skill for their students.
- Using Kind Language lessons help educators introduce communication strategies that support emerging receptive language skills and vocabulary for expressive language around differences.
- Learning about Others activities help children explore how they are alike and different from their peers and the value of those similarities and differences.
- Being a Good Friend and Community Member lessons focus on helping students begin to understand what friendship is and how they are connected to their peers and community.
- Interacting with Others activities create opportunities for students to practice key skills and strategies for building healthy relationships.
Ready to Get Started?
Changing Perspectives curriculum resources are accessible through an annual paid subscription to the Changing Perspectives Educator Portal. An indivudal subscription is $125 with volume discounts available. The Educator Portal is an online platform that allows users to access an array of customizable curricular resources, parent resources, educator implementation guides, and more.